This isn’t the primary Contact tribute we have now additionally observed within the Disney+ MCU presentations, corresponding to WandaVision embraced one all through Monica Rambeau’s transformation collection as she solid during the Hex. And it isn’t the one sci-fi film reference we get within the episode both!
What are the ones voices?
There are a variety of well-known quotes from the MCU all through that wild, cosmic opening, however so far as we will inform, none of them are specifically important to the occasions of this episode. There also are some well-known quotes from actual existence figures. They include:
- “One small step for guy…” – Neil Armstrong
- “How dare they!” – Great Thunberg
- “My dream…” – Malala Yousafzai
- “We have fought for the precise to revel in peace.” – Nelson Mandela
- “I can get up.” – Maya Angelou
- “We view time as a one-way motion…” – Not recognized via subtitles, however in all probability Carl Sagan
- “Motivated via ladies world wide.” – Also no longer recognizable via subtitles
This starting options a variety of outstanding songs from right through human historical past. The opening of Beethoven’s “Für Elise” seems noticeably simplest in short, and we predict we’re appearing notes of Tchaikovsky’s swan lake.
However, maximum of it’s set to the tunes of the Harry James Band model of “It’s Been a Long, Long Time,” a track heartbreakingly identified to Captain America lovers because the track about Avengers: Endgamethe easiest remaining second. The track first popped up in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, when Nick Fury performed it in Steve’s condominium (clearly Steve had plans for this track), however right here the “Long, Long Time” in query refers back to the longevity of the sequence villain, “He Who Remains,” higher referred to as …
Kang the Conqueror
(brief disclaimer: for simplicity’s sake, we will discuss with He Who Remains as Kang on this phase, however for causes that may transform obvious, there may be some nuance, so undergo with us)
- Kang’s backstory as laid out right here additionally can pay tribute to the theory of ”The Council of Cross Time Kangs”, which is each an collection of variant Kangs from other timelines and in addition the individuals who fought/defeated them… and so took at the mantle of Kang of their respective timelines. Does your head harm already? Because…
- There used to be additionally an “Interdimensional Council of Reeds” from Jonathan Hickman’s run on Fantastic 4. Like Kang, a number of Reed Richards from other realities met thru portals and made up our minds to assist spaces of the multiverse in want the use of their blended mind. Initially, they have been most often killed via a host of Celestials. Today they’re again, however led via the corrupt Reed Richards of the Ultimate Universe (the Maker). Things get completely loopy when the MCU in the end brings us the FF.
- Despite Jonathan Majors signing as much as play Kang the Conqueror in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, he is by no means in reality recognized as such right here. In the credit, he is the Miss Minutes-approved ‘He Who Remains’. The closest he is come to being known as Kang is when he mentions being known as “a conqueror.” He additionally mentions being known as a “ruler,” which might rather well be taken as a connection with the nature’s time as Pharaoh Rama-Tut.
- When Sylvie waves at Kang early on, he teleports and finally ends up at the back of them in a boastful pose. This appears to be a connection with his first comedic look (1964) avengers #8), the place the Avengers in finding him casually within the air.
- Kang does not rock any of his acquainted comics seems to be right here (even though the colour scheme is vaguely suitable), however a minimum of appears to be some of the “miniatures” he makes use of as an instance his tale.
He who remains
While the “He Who Remains” we come upon this is undoubtedly supposed to be some type of Kang variant, the nature exists independently of Kang within the comics!